Saturday, October 19, 2013

Doctor update

  Well it's UEA hers aka fall break so what do we decide to do? Go visit some good'ol doctors in SLC. Not what I had in mind but hey, we all gotta do things we don't like. 
  Thursday we saw four doctors two of them were for my mouth stuff and the other two were for my new hearing aid. The mouth ones were kinda crazy. The first one we went to Dr. Lee wasn't very positive and kept saying we needed to go to a team out in California. Not that I had anything against Cali but I've worked through a team of doctors twice now and  neither times did it work. So he wasn't very helpful. My mom didn't like him that much either. However the second doctor was very good! He said if we wanted to get my teeth. Closer together that he could maybe pull out a couple of teeth because for every tooth that you pull supposedly three more teeth meet together. So he could build up some teeth with prosthetics then add some fake teeth. They wouldn't be a perfect match and it would take a long time. But right now it's looking like the best solution so he is going to take a look at my x-rays and talk to some other doctors and see if in the end this is the best solution! I sure hope it is cause I want to get this problem solved once and for all!! Love coming up north but when it's for a doctors weekend which most I the time it is then it's not that fun. 
    Oh I got a second BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid) on the left side not so I have surround sound hearing! It's gonna take a lot of time to get use to it though. It's been giving me a horrible headache these past couple of days. But it makes sense because I've only heard sound from the right side never from the left. So I have to retrain my brain so it figures out that I can hear from both sides. They said it could take up to a year! Hopefully it doesn't take that long! We shall see though! 
  Hey it's getting a bit late and I gotta get up pretty early tomorrow!! Man I can't wait for day light savings!!
Night guys!!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and I absolutely love it! Each and every post inspires me to to be a better person. Thank you for sharing your light and for being such a great example. You are in my thoughts and prayers! I hope everything works out with the doctors! Hugs!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete