Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The holidays have only begun

  Today starts the day of all my family coming for Christmas! First arrival is my sister from Minnesota Ali with her two little boys! So excited to see them! Then Jami is coming down from up north. Tomorrow is what really is exciting though! My sister is coming home from her mission!!! 18 months have sure flown by and I'm so excited to pick her up! She arrives at the St. George airport at 5:51 countdown is going on the phone:) needless to say I'm excited to see my family, it gets lonely being the only one here. 
  But what is Christmas really about? Yeah we know it's about Christ but do we remember that as we spend tons of money on buying Christmas presents? 
Do we remember the sacrifice as we wrap each present and wait for Christmas to come ever nearer? Yes I admit I don't always remember what Christmas is all about but in church we read the story of the candy cane. The hook is the shepherds crook then if you turn it upside down it look like a J representing Jesus. The red stripes represent the suffering and bleeding that he did for us on the cross. The white represent the cleansing that he went through in order to be resurrected. 
We all have to remember what Christmas is really about and why we celebrate it. Think about the Saviour and what he has done for you this Christmas season. Write down a list of everything you are grateful for that has happened this past year. It's hard but so worth it! 
Merry Christmas and happy New Years! 


No comments:

Post a Comment