Monday, July 8, 2013

About me (mostly)

  So yes I'm a teenager and I have Treacher Collins Syndrome. I've had a total if 32 surgeries so far, there are more to come! Yippee... 
  Life has been good to me though, I've had a lot of cool experiences. My friends are my life just like any other teenager, I love reading and playing tennis. And I am a mormon, love being one too:) I try and do all everything I can to live a normal life. Though its hard sometimes with all of my health problems, but I do my best! 
  Life dose suck sometimes, just because of being a teenager and all the surgeries just take a lot out of me. And like anyone else I get tired of them. 
  About two years ago I went out to Ohio to do a series of surgeries that were suppose to help. They did in some ways but they also hurt me in a lot of ways. I had a total of ten surgeries out there and after the last one which was a cosmetic one. I got a infection. 
  Last year I fought the infection and beat it but I have been suffering with pain ever since then. It's been a pain, and It's been very draining for me in a lot of ways. 
  Ive been through a lot but I can't let it get to me all the time. I just have to keep moving forward. Yeah it's hard but I have no choice:)  " I travel the road less traveled sure it will have bumps along the way, but hey that's life!" I literally live on this quote! It's taught me so much! I can't think of anything else... Ill write more about my surgeries later I just thought you guys needed to get a better picture of me. I need to get this blog all set up sorry its so plain! If you have any questions feel free to ask! 
  
  

7 comments:

  1. So fun you started a blog. I am interested to hear more about TCS and how you are dealing with it. I hope to hear more from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie you are so awesome. This blog is a great idea I hope you keep posting things. And Jesus said.. LOL we had way too much fun at tennis. Your doing awesome!
    -Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about you, katie! You are such a strong girl! I have a question. Are you in pain every day? If so, what has been causing it? I know you just had your ears done too, which is so amazing. I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pain is everyday, sometimes I get a day of relief but not very often.
      They think its a pinched nerve or something along that line so we are trying figure out a way to help wit without causing more pain... It sucks.

      Delete
  4. Katie, this is a great blog! Thanks for taking the time to create it. It's interesting to read about the struggles and up's and downs. I think you are doing a great thing here~ Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, you are gorgeous my dear!! I have TCS as well. It's so awesome to see someone spreading the word about TCS :)
    I am amazed that you've had 32 surgeries. I've had only 17 or so surgeries.
    I made this blog just to comment on your profile. Hopefully we can chat sometime. My name is Becky, I'm currently living in santa cruz, ca and am 21 years old.
    Take care
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Miss Katie -
    I was excited to hear that you started a blog and completely SHOCKED when I opened your blog...what happened to that little girl I first heard about through the TCS Yahoo Group?

    I am looking forward to following your blog. I am 35 and have TCS as well. We have an adoption blog (davidandcarmenadopt.blogspot.com) and I had started a different blog about our journey to have a baby and how TCS played a role in that (chezburleigh.blogspot.com). I'm not very good at updating them... :)

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete