Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tribute Tuesday! "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass."

  Well this is one of the day ideas that I have I'm trying it out to see how it goes! Hopefully this person doesn't kill me! 
   I met this person about what three or four weeks ago, around there. But anyway I was already hyped up because it was EFY week and what's not to love about that? ( it's a program that youth have a chance to do for the Mormon church) I was signed up with my best friend Annie from last EFY and I was all ready to go party:) but before we can even begin to party we have to meet out counselor and company or group whatever you want to call it. And this is where the tribute person comes in. Our company had thee best counselors ever! Seriously loved them to bits! 
   But one of them stuck out to me especially, yes Amberleigh if you are reading this it's about you. Don't get mad!  This girl is amazing! The things she taught me through example were enough to blow me away. But the things she taught through the Spirit, man no words.  
   I have so many examples but there is one in particular that I would like to share. About Wednesday of this awesome week my stomach started hurting so I tried eating but it made it worse so I kinda stopped eating an stuck to drinking liquids, that night was pizza night, best night of the week! So we partied and stuff and I drank water and sprite, I was starting to feel a little better so we told stories and I tried eating a piece of pizza. Didn't stick well that night though. Ended up throwing it up later. Well the next day I was feeling a bit worse so I finally told Amberleigh and we got some stomach medicine. I think it made it worse not sure though. But we were walking around SLC that day, it was a long but beautiful day.  And at the church history museum (which is pretty cool I might add; well what I saw of it) I got nauseous and we ran to the bathroom and I spit up/ threw up/ gagged. Well as soon as I got out I started having severe stabbing pain in my stomach. So long story short it got so bad that I ended up in the hospital (whoppdeoo) and Amberleigh stayed with me or I think a hour or two not sure.  She held my hand and talked and kept me calm. I may have looked calm on the outside but inside I was freaking out and crying my eyes out. Mentally of course. 
   Well in short my parents finally arrived after most of the test had been done, and she had to go. I remember asking her to stay but she couldn't cause she had to get back to the comp. I don't know if I ever felt so empty after she left. I think that is when it finally hit me that I wasn't gonna be going back. And I bawled when she left and we hugged and stuff but I felt like I had lost a sister. It was nice having mom and dad there but I needed my new family by my side too. I knew they were praying for me and I'm so grateful for that!  
   The next day they still had no results and I felt a lot better so they said they would release me! I got all excited and I begged Mom and Dad to drive me back to EFY so I could say goodbye to my company. I knew it was gonna be hard but I couldn't leave them knowing the last thing they saw of me was me in tremendous pain. So finally they said okay and we drove back and I spent an hour with my company:) the best hour that I ever had with them we may have just say around and talked but it was so much fun and I love them for that! 
  Well wen time came to leave I completely lost it. I hugged everyone and saved the best two hugs for last my bet friend Annie and Amberleigh. Those two people were the hardest to say goodbye to. Still get a lump in my throat thinking about it. 
  Amberleigh thank you for everything you taught me. I can't even put into words how grateful I am to have met you! Life is mysterious on knowing when we need to met people at a certain time. " By small and simple things are great things brought to pass." Thank you again. Love ya spiritual sis! 
This is saying goodbye.  Good thing you can't see my eyes they were RED! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie~
    My name is Chresta Brinkman and I am a Parent Guide for Colorado Hands & Voices. It is a non-profit organization that provides parent to parent advocacy and support to families who have kids who are deaf and hard of hearing. http://www.handsandvoices.org/chapters/colo.htm My son Noah, age 7, has Goldenhar Syndrome and I came across your blog on a Yahoo Group I am on. I am also involved with OUR Children which a is a project designed to help observe, understand and respond to child abuse and neglect, particularly with children who have hearing loss http://deafed-childabuse-neglect-col.wiki.educ.msu.edu/ We have a newspaper that goes out to Hands & Voices families that shares stories, educates and inspires and I was wondering if you would be interested in writing an article for our paper. If you are interested, please send me an email to chresta.brinkman@gmail.com Thank you so much! You are such an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete