Saturday, July 27, 2013

Late post!

   Well I've been trying to figure out what to post and I figured since a lot of people are always amazed by this I would share it! 
   A lot of people with tracheas or trachs are afraid to swim for one reason or the other! Me? Nope I was born to swim! I'm a full out water girl! Ever since I can remember I've been in the pool or the tub just some sort of water! I have learned to swim with a trach I can't explain how to do it, it just comes naturally to me. 
    One story that my mom always likes to tell is when I was a toddler and we lived in VA we were getting the back door screen fixed so I decided to go play outside by myself! Well this wouldn't have been such a big deal except our pool was right up against a brick wall "The Great Whicker Wall" so I could easily lean over and play in the water! And I didn't know how to swim at that young age! So instead me being a smart toddler;) I decided to just lean far enough so I wouldn't fall but could still play! And at the time I had a old fashion band hearing aid (I hated that thing with a passion) so when one of the tubs floated by with a rope around it I just hooked my hearing aid on it and let it float away! 
    Well mom who was getting frantic because she couldn't find me, finally decided to look outside. Now she couldn't whistle because I could fall in. So she quietly snuck around and grabbed me and my hearing aid. Which wasn't ruined in my attempt :). And I had to be watched 24/7 from then on! 
    See I was born to be in water! I still love going swimming and stuff I wish we had a boat though so I could go to the lake and stuff. But maybe later in life! Well it's late and I'm on a road trip so I better go! But thanks for reading!! 
Over and out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment