Sunday, July 21, 2013

What does longboarding, music, driving, and reading have in common for me? Relaxation!

   Relaxation is a big thing for me, if I can't have time to relax then I get really stressed out. I have to have time to myself, it's the time that I need to think, and to get things off of my mind. 
  Lately I have gotten into the sport of longboarding, it's a cheaper way of getting around, and it's so much fun for me! Mom doesn't like me to do it because she's afraid I'll fall and break my face. Riding around seeing the beauty of riding on trails and just around town is relaxing for me. It just clears my mind gives me more room to think!
   Music is one of the best get aways for me. I can escape everything but still be around people and hanging out. Music touches my soul better than anything. I love playing guitar, uke, and a bit of piano. I'm just starting to learn how to play harmonica, so I can travel and still have my music with me. My iPod is chuck full of music when I have a bad day I grab my beats and I just listen for hours and sleep. When I was in Ohio music was my get away from the pain. That is where I learned to play uke and I fell in love with it. I could take it with me to the hospital and the music therapy people would come in and we would play for a hour each day. I believe it's what helped me get through that ordeal. I still love to pic it up somedays an just mess around and write new stuff along with guitar. I'm not very good but I love it so much! 
   Now me being 17 and having a car I drive a lot. I roll down the windows and I blast my music. I get as faraway from everything I can which is often going to dixie rock or snow canyon and I just sit there and listen for a bit well I relax and just think. I seriously sometimes just want to take off and go to Cali but then I realize that I don't have the time, money, or gas. Which often bums me out. But one day ill get out there!  
   "One of the greatest ways to escape the world but to still be in the world is to loose yourself in a book" I don't know who said it but its so true. The Harry Potter series has always been my favorite and it always will. I grew up with them with the magic and the adventures.  the adventures make me forget the world and the magic makes me remember that there is a better life out somewhere!  
   Well it's a early post today! Last night I had trouble coming up with a topic so I figured once I came up with a topic today I would write it as soon as I got it! So here we go! 
 Thanks for reading seriously thanks so much!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment