Friday, July 12, 2013

Monster University

       Sorry for not posting last night I wasn't feeling too great and I had a busy day!
Yesterday my family and I saw Monsters Unviersity, its a really cute show! even thought the kids in the row behind us were very annoying! I liked the moral of the whole movie! for me it was " No matter the set backs and the hardships you can always reach your goals!"
    I especially liked the part near the end when Mike and James were in the human world and they were at the river where James admits " I know everyone thinks I'm scary (brave), but I'm terrified!" That is so true for me in a lot of ways!
   I've had a ton of surgeries and a lot of other things in my life, and its scary sometimes! Life is scary a lot of the time going to the doctors and the hospital all the time. It's not all fun and games. Sometimes its hard to be brave, sometimes you just have to let go and cry.
  Being brave isn't about not acting scared or pretending to be something your not. It's about knowing when its appropriate not to show your fears and knowing when its okay to just let everything out. Yeah I act brave all the time and people always say that I am. And I will admit that at times I am but I don't always want to be. Apart of being brave is knowing when its okay to show your emotions and knowing when its not.
  The last part to this " I'm terrified"  I don't like to admit it to a lot of people but I am terrified every time I go into surgery or have a procedure. There is always that fear that something might go wrong or something. I hate having that fear that I might not make it, even though it may be a small surgery you never know! I watch a lot of medical shows and people always die in those in simple surgeries! I probably shouldn't watch those shows but they are so good!  Off topic sorry! just a little insight to me I hate going to the doctors and stuff but I love medical shows, its really weird.
  But anyways! I really liked it because even though James is such a big guy he isn't afraid to show that he is actually scared. That is hard for someone to admit. I should know! Its scary being scary. It's confusing but it makes sense if you think about it.
  Disney has always been one of my favorite types of movies they always have such a good moral, they are clean, and they are fun for any age! This movie was especially good for me! The moral was so inspirational for me, its a really good movie and I recommend all of you to see it!!!

  Oh and I am gonna start doing theme days Not sure what day is gonna be what but Ill figure that out soon I have some picked out thanks to my sister Ali!

Well I think that's all for tonight! You know the drill have questions or comments, leave them below and Ill try and get back to you! Thanks for reading this it really means a lot!

1 comment:

  1. Katie, just want to tell you how much you have impressed and inspired me over the last few years that I've been keeping up with your life. My 6yr old daughter, Faith, has Goldenhar Syndrome and is also trached and has microtia atresia. I remember the first time I saw a picture of you swimming under water! You amazed me and gave me such happiness in seeing what could be possible!
    Thanks for sharing your fears about your surgeries - I wonder how it will affect Faith as she grows up and I'm just sorry you, her and other kids go through so much. You all are very strong!!
    We watched MU last weekend and really enjoyed it too!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete